Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

black + White to colour? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzine

MIS
Jul 13, 2003
GB
Hi All..

Would anyone know if it is possible to add colour to a B+W
image(.jpg)?

I'm restoring a photo but I'm having a hard time with skin tones!!!

Hope someone can help?

dzine

well, first, you don't want to work on JPGs. JPG is a lossy format. You'll want to convert it to a CPT first so you can work with objects/layers, etc.

That said, there are many ways to colorize greyscale images (I presume you actually mean greyscale and not b/w since pure b/w images are 1-bit files which only have black or white and no other shades). How are you attempting to do the colors? Without knowing what you're doing, it's pretty much impossible to give you advice on your technique.

I have one tutorial that I did on colorizing and using the ClipMask function -- you can find it at
Retouchpro has a lot of great info on restoring and coloring photos. Most of it is skewed to Photoshop stuff, but a lot can be re-interpreted for Photopaint fairly well.

Thanks javabearSTL.. really appreciate your help. cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back