Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Black & White image printing in color

Status
Not open for further replies.

blargins

Vendor
May 10, 2012
US
First, just want to say hi, I'm new here. Have been using InDesign off and on for a year or two, but have just recently done a course in college in it, so I'm reasonably proficient in it.

Anyway, I'm having an issue with printing (and it's the same issue a classmate had at college a couple of months back and I believe never got resolved).

I have an image which I have turned into a black and white image in Photoshop and imported it in. It's a psd file and in CMYK.

Also in the same InDesign document, I have some black text which I have tinted down to 50%.

The problem comes when printing. When I print out to my inkjet printer, these two items are printing with a color tint (kind of a sepia color). Why is this? Any ideas. A classmate had the same issue when printing to the college's laserjet printer.

I'd love to know why this is happening. I have tried flattening the image as well to no avail and exported the whole InDesign doc as a pdf, and it still occurs.

I've attached the file if anyone would care to have a look at this for me. Many thanks.

most likely color managment settings...it's an old post of mine from way back, but is still has relevance:

[link]http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1600237[/url]

Andrew
==============
- Graphic Design and Web Design, Exeter, Devon, UK.
==============

Nice invitation design by the way. I like the casual style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back