Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Black screen when tempting remote control on a pc runnig windows 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boycott

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
CA
Hi,

When i try to take control of a pc running windows 2000, i always see a black screen.

I`ve made some tests to see if i can control the pc even if i can't see anything and yes i can control it.

The black screen only appears when the pc i want to take in control has nobody logged in. When it is logged in, everything works perfectly but when it is not, i have to logged in like a blind person and when it's done, i can work normally.

This error comes from a Desktop installed on windows nt 4 and 2000.

If anyone can help me it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hai,

It seems you used RCL v3.6.5 without needed Patches for W2K-Targets. My last known (a little bit older): RCL 3.6.5 needs Patches 3,9,12,18 and I've heared, that Tivoli has new (accumulated) Patches 20-24.

P.S.:
Effects on W2K without this Patches: Black Screen, frozen Screen, no CRTL-ALT-DEL, reboots on NT4/W2K Server if Session-Timeout, ... RHase
System-Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back