Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Black Dots on screen go away on zoom 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branlon

MIS
May 25, 2000
US
With AutoCAD 2002, running OK for months on one of our Dell computers, we now see little pixel-size black dots on any drawing. Zoom in and the black dots disappear. Close the drawing, open another and black dots appear in various places. Zoom in, dots gone. The number of dots vary from one to many, are always the same size, and can appear in any drawing.
The same drawings loaded on other computers do not show black dots. Sounds like a hardware problem doesn't it? The situation can probably be resolved by replacing the video card and/or monitor but I would like to hear from others first who may have seen the black dots.

Monitor: Dell UltraScan P991 (March 2000)

Yes, the detailer said Blipmode has been off.

This usually appears due to a graphics card glitch (I'm guessing the 'dots' do not print) - you could try newer drivers (or older ones!). Also, check to see if AutoCAD is using software or hardware graphics acceleration (Tools, Options). Software acceleration is slower (for 3D work), but can be more reliable....

Just a few thoughts...Gary

Thanks for your comments Gary. You're right, the dots don't print. This is not a big problem but one of these days we'll change monitors to see if the black dots still appear. I bet they will. And yes, it's probably a bad video driver or the video card itself is slowly going bad.

It's not your monitor. I get this with my older laptop. It never happens on my newer, more powerful desktops. I just assume it's due to the lower spec graphics card and live with it when i'm on the road. A minor annoyance that I assume can be fixed by spending money!

We had the problem too. Different video drivers fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back