Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Black Diamond Error after one PSU failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leupold

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2008
DE
I have an Error in the Syslog after somebody pulled the cable from PSU B at an BD 6808.
Half of the network didn't work anymore and Syslog prints:

Local0.Critical 10.10.10.254 Oct 11 13:33:03 SYST: Sys-health-check [ACTION] (PBUS checksum) (CARD_HWFAIL_PBUS_CHKSUM_INT_ERROR) MSM-A

Local0.Critical 10.10.10.254 Oct 11 13:33:03 KERN: Sys-health-check [INT] checksum error (fast-path) on MSM-A. prev=53 cur=5d 701021-00-05 0017F-12558

In the manual, those errores have something to do with defect memory. But this comes after the PSU failed.
After rebooting the switch all went back to normal operation.
So why does this happend? Think the 2 Power supplies are rendudant.

Try doing Show Power Budget and see is your N+. this is redundant.

1. Did the MSM fail over?
2. You can try failing over to MSM-B and running Diags on A this is non-intrusive to check for HW failure.

Welcome :)

How to show the power budget, is it a CLI command?

yes it is a CLI command. but my mistake i see that it is a 6808 and it's not EXOS.

show power is a EXOS command.

I would run diags. MSM-A looks like it could be failing. I would run it with only with MSM-A in the Chassis.

If the MSM failed over the logs could be false positive. You could see the failover in the logs.

Every card sends internal packets to each other and the logs are showing errors in the packets. AKA HW issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back