Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bizzare IP connectivty issue, check this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmits

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2003
US
Fairly large network, I have a tech two hops away at a remote site, he adds 2 PC's to the LAN there. Connectivty gets sporadic at the remote end, starts effecting things back into the next hop back towards me.

Me and another Admin begin pinging devices on the remote LAN. We'd ping ex: 150.150.35.38, he'd get ping replies, I'd get time outs.

We'd then ping 35.39, he'd not make, but I would. We're both on the same LAN back at the data center. Dosen't make sense to me.

Fix was I had he tech remove both PC's he added and the issue went away, was jabbering NIC on one box...weird, any ideas are appreciated.

No, wasn't a dup addy. I've seen jabbering NIC's before, but not this issue. All routes were in the routing tables on the routers. Yet, PC1 here could not see #1 there (remote end), but could see #2. Odd part IS, PC2 here COULD see #1, but NOT #2, totally opposite.

You're right, first guess would be dup addy, but was not.

One step in diagnosing this, is Winsock2 stack corruption. Use the utility described here: faq779-4625

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back