Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BizTalk Adapter For OneWorld etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirschler

Programmer
Aug 27, 2002
SE
Hi,

I'm currently working in a e-commerce project (in Sweden) involving integration with OneWorld Xe.
We are using MS Commerce Server as an e-commerce platform and MS BizTalk Server as our integration platform.

We have been using BizTalk Server since ... oh... let's see ... well... since the first beta and now
we are trying to get hold of information about different ways to integrate with OneWorld Xe.

1. Orchestration Adapter
Do you know WHERE to get information about JD Edwards OneWorld Orchestration Adapter For BizTalk?
Everybody is saying: "I think JD Edwards got a BizTalk Adapter..." but noone knows for sure ....
How do we purchase it? Is it a part of the XPI?

I have tried to find information everywhere on the internet but I haven't found anything useful.
The best indication of that the software (might) exists is this SAR from JD Edwards knowledge garden:

"A ORIGINAL REQUEST

Develop an adapter that integrates OneWorld with BizTalk
Orchestration

B FINAL DISPOSITION

The Orchestration Adapter must be installed on the same
machine that hosts BizTalk Server 2000. (BizTalk Server
2000) runs on Windows 2000 Server). The adapter provides
integration between Microsoft BizTalk Orchestration and
OneWorld. It is exposed as a COM component in BizTalk
Orchestrtion whose methods (for Sales Order Entry) can be
used to exchange data with OneWorld. In order to communicat
with OneWorld the adpter used the OneWorld COM Connector.
Therfore the OneWorld COM Conmnector must also be installed
on the same machine.
Refer to the OneWorld Adapter for Orchestration Integration
Guide for proper use of the adapter."

2. MSMQ-adapter for OneWorld
How do I purchase it? Is it a part of the XPI?

In our project the OneWorld Xe Enterprise Server is running on Solaris.
We are trying to find out if we can use the MSMQ-adapter on a separate Win2000-box
as an integration/interoperability machine to host a OneWorld Client with the MSMQ-adapter, OneWorld COM connector, GenCOM etc.
This machine must be able to interact with OneWorld Xe (Solaris) via OneWorld ThinNet using the MSMQ-adapter.

Well... that's about it.
I hope that you can shed a little light on this or perhaps point me in the right direction.

Thanx!

1) The JDE product formerly called "Integration for Microsoft" is now called "Adapter for MSMQ". The messages it handles are (I=inbound to OW, O=outbound from OW, M=MBF call, Z=Z file):
a. Sales Order Create (I, M)
b. Sales Order Cancel (I, M)
c. Sales Order Line Change/Cancel (I, M)
d. Sales Quote Create (I, M)
e. Sales Quote Release (O, Z)
f. Price Update (O, Z)
g. Sales Order Status Update (O, Z)
h. Customer Create (O, Z)
i. Customer Update (O, Z)
j. Product Create (O, Z)
k. Product Update (O, Z)
l. Inventory Update (O, Z)

You should definitely review the product documentation for other tidbits on implementation--there are many details to consider.

2) The MSMQ Adapter is NOT part of XPI. If you are interested in using XPI then you should look at the XML adapter for XPI. This might be a better overall solution since you can use the pre-built XBPs for the transactions you are interested in and reduce your overall development effort. The concept here is:
a. J.D. Edwards supplies the OW and XML adapters, XPI Broker, OW XBPs and any number of Extended Procurement, Extended CRM, or Extended Store Front XBPs that you need.
b. Essentially, the XBPs provide an API into OW. You map fields to a generic XML document interface and the XBP/XPI combination handles all processing/data transformation/transaction processing and delivery guarantee.
c. The transactions are handled in real time, both inbound and outbound.
d. This is more than a simple data mapping to z files or OW APIs. The XBPs contain business logic that allows them to handle virtually any transaction. The MSMQ adapter can only handle basic transaction types.
e. This solution is much more scalable and extendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back