Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bizarro Column Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryE

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2002
US
Hey Everyone,

I have an ADP linked to a SQL Server 2000 database. The odd thing is that in the main table, I can't make the Primary Key column the first column in the table's datasheet view. There used to be another primary key field and then I created this new primary key field, so maybe that has something to do with it. I also have a similar problem with trying to order the columns in Stored Procedures.

Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Thanks.

Henry

Good Afternoon!

I can't explain why but I can tell you what I did to fix the problem. My Projects use stored procedures as much as possible and these problems occur from time to time when using Form-datasheet views. In this case, I open the form in Normal view and click on the column heading. Holding down the left mouse button, I drag it to the desired location on the datasheet.

Wait! You must now save with the column changed in this Normal view. Verify that it works by closing and re-opening the form. This has been the only way that I found it to work.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back