Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bizarre CRViewer91 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanneabator

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
So bizarre I'm not even sure how best to describe the problem!

We have a VB6 application which populates temporary Access tables ... in this instance a report of payments for a given payment date. The code consisently writes the correct data to the Access Tables. The report displays through CRViewer91 properly the first time. On subsequent displays, the report drops the number of units for the last payee, which impacts the running total of units. We look ... the data is in the table. We launch the Crystal Report directly, the data is there and displays properly.

BTW, we do execute
CRViewer91.Refresh
BEFORE
CRViewer91.ViewReport

Interestingly enough, this problem appears for only one of eight fields reported per records, and only on the final of 18 records.

Is anyone familiar with any bugs in the CRviewer91 that might account for this crazy result? Any and all insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joanne

There is a known issue that I've seen occur when reporting off of temporary tables immediately after they're populated, or reporting off of an Access table immediately after it has been updated.

The workaround is generally to pause the application (using a loop or a Timer) for a few seconds, then send the report to the Viewer.

Your issue doesn't quite seem to fit the typical scenarios that the above would fix, but it's worth a shot...

What version of Access?

-dave

Thanks, Dave. I will check this out. At the moment it is Access 2000 in eventual transition to SQL Server.

We are reporting almost immediately after an update, so this sort of makes sense ... because the last record updated in this case has only one field changed, the one that shows 0 in the CRviewer91 version. Even if it doesn't solve the problem, it certainly makes me feel a little less crazy to have something concrete to look at.

Joanne

Wow, Dave ... that worked!!!
Thanks for helping me solve the problem.
Joanne

[Mr. Burns]Excellent...[/Mr. Burns]

-dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back