Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

flysmu

MIS
Nov 7, 2002
US
A friends pc has a gateway that stopped working and i'm try to restore it and it come up with no Bios installed.

When does this message come up?
Is it during the PC bootup, the operating system installation (incidentally which one are you trying to install?) or has it recently had the CIH virus which has the capability to wipe BIOS chips under certain circumstances?
Also, by "Restore" do you mean use System restore in Windows XP or some other operating system with GoBack or a similar program installed.

John

The gateway restore and all most sure it was it with a virus,and i think your right on the CIH virus but i doen't known how to handle that. help

I will try that,and thanks will let you known

If the bios doesn't run (e.g no floppy search ,anything)
the bios is shot and you need to order a new bios chip.
And replace it.

syar

is ok to try to put a good hard drive in and see what it does?

I downloaded that patch you gave me but the it say the hard drive not assessable. guess i will contact the person who wrote the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back