Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bios upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruze

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
US
Need help with this one.Bios only see,s 8.4gb of a 60 gb western Digital hard drive.
I am trying to ID the mother board in order to try and find a bios upgrade that will support the 60gb plus.
This board has a award bios but all I find is a flash for ami by the string I am entering!Here is string!

01-03-2000 VP3-5863-CD-2A5LED4DC-00

I tryed runing the western diital soft ware to install with no luck!
The modle number of the drive is WD600 but shows up as WD1200BB.
This is a new drive!

Well, the BIOS is defintely an Award BIOS (now Phoenix but still uses the Award name), Pentium based CPU (so it seems) with a VIA MVP3 chipset.

But as to find out the manufacturer, it would be more helpful if you looked at the board for any printed identification as to model number.

You can try using:

It's usually pretty good at identifying the actual board make and model.

Will post anything else I can think of.

Cheers!

Ok, it's a:

Gainward 5VPA Motherboard

Will post more when I find it. [bigsmile]

Cheers!

Thanks I have downloaded the flash from the above link .
You ash about the numbers on the board here thay are P5BV3+ rev C

Hmm, well, hold that thought then, lemme double check something...

Wimbios only gave me the 5VPA, but based on what you said that would make it a DFI P5BV3+ mothereboard.

So, in that case, go here:

But it sure looks like you have the newest BIOS...

Sorry for the confusion...

You might need to get a PCI HD controller if you wish to continue using that motherboard though. Of course, at that expense you have to question if you're better off getting something a tad better hardware wise.

Just something to think about...

Cheers!

Tryed the above link but all I get is jsp error!I have tryed a Promise ultra100 tx2 but cann,t partition drive.

Then try:

And pick the motherboard P5BV3+ out of the list for BIOS downloads, however, as I stated, according to what you posted and what I quickly saw on DFI's site, you have the latest BIOS. But you should still double check for your own information.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back