Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIOS Screen is Black not Blue and PS2 Mouse Port not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2001
US
Hi,
got called to a colleagues PC last night, had recently experienced a blown fuse in their main fusebox at home, likely a powersurge/cut. Since booting all appears to be working ok, the CMOS had reset as I had to enter the settings for the CPU (Athlon XP 1700+), but I encountered two problems, one the Bios screen background is usually blue but is now black, and two the PS2 mouse is not working, have tried another mouse and that wouldn't work either. Gonna take a serial mouse and ps2 to serial mouse adapter over to try tonight to get round that one but would I be right in thinking that the motherboard may be on the way out?? Otherwise has he been very lucky to get off lightly on this one.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Andrew Westgarth
Web Developer
MSN: mail@hawaythelads.co.uk

Could potentially be the motherboard, but I've seen instances of being able to change the BIOS background colour from black to blue & vice versa as well as an option to tell the BIOS whether a PS2 mouse is installed or not.
It's possible that whats happend is that the BIOS has just been reset to it's default values...

Hey,

Do you have a antivirus program?
Run it with updates to see if there is a virus.
This may be or may not!

Hope this helps,
JCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back