Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIOS Loses Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoLdFiNgeR

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2002
US
Hi everybody, i have a weird little problem, if for any reason my power cord to the psu gets unplugged my bios losses its settings, i dont think this is normal, but it pissing me off. im pretty sure there is a setting to change but i cant find it anywhere, or i have a defective mobo, its an asus a7v266-e with raid,

any thoughts

thank you
will

You've got a battery that has died. Replace it. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

wow, that is terrible the mobo is about 7 months old, will they warranty that , i dont really want to take it out and replace it, or can i buy it from asus, ill look dont worry about it, thank you

edfair is probably correct as new mobos probably have been sitting around in the wharehouse for a while. But I would first test the battery if you have a tester, or take it to Radio Shack and have them test it. Also, before you do that use an eraser and clean the contact that holds the memory down in place. Joseph Logan
jlogan@emedrecovery.com

good idea, im not at home so i cant do that now, but ill try that first, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back