Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Binding two ADSL lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

subahar

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2002
AE
Dear All,
i am having a two adsl line(512k) connected with two different cisco 677 router. basically i want to bind this two adsl line together, then i can get 1mb connection. is there any way to do this?

thanks in advance

subahar

Basically the simple answer is yes. On the router you use as your internal gateway set two default routes. One is probably already being set by IPCP over the ADSL line. So you will need to set the second one to have the same ad/metric as it. The router will then on a per destination basis load balance the lines. This means that if you start a single transfer it will go out one interface, and a second transfer will go out the other. If you want to load balance on a per packet basis, which means a single transfer will use both interfaces, you must disable the route cache.

Matt Newsom

Hello Matt,
thank you very much.

regards
subahar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back