Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Binding a CO to an extension to make it act like a direct connection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

manzoor786

Systems Engineer
Dec 4, 2017
BD
Hello,

I am trying to bind a particular CO to a particular extension so that the extension acts a direct connection outside the PBX. No other extension should be able to use that CO, neither should be able to call that extension. I am trying to do it within the PBX without making any changes to the physical wiring. Can it be done? I am dealing with KX-TDA600 and KX-TDA824. Please do let me know the right approach.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks for your replay. I was also assuming the same. But can you please elaborate more in details. In the "CO Settings", at "CO & SMDR" tab I set "Transfer to CO" and "Call Forward to CO" as enabled. But I didn't find any settings to forward to any particular CO. Also, I need to restrict access for other users to use the assigned CO and calling the particular extension. Any thought on that?

Cheers...

Capture_b268xp.png

Put line into unused trunk group, put extension into in unused cos block all other cos’s From using trunk group, you can do the same with internal cos

to bind a particular CO to a particular extension so that the extension acts a direct connection outside the PBX" -> Are you trying to mean it should be called directly from outside?. Direct inward dialing with PRI or DIL with Analog line.

No other extension should be able to use that CO -> Can be achieved through TRS and Class Of Service settings

No other extension should be able to call that extension -> Program 2.System -> 7.Class Of Service -> 3.Internal Call Block

I am thinking those could be the hints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back