Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Big slow firewall problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

surzycki

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2002
FR
Hello all,

I have a problem with my firewall protecting the LAN from the DMZ. The problem bieng is that I have a Web server in the DMZ who makes requests to a server in the LAN via the firwall (port 1433 I think). The problem bieng is that the request (even the simplests of inserts) takes between 1 minute and 5 minutes. This I know is not normal, maximum, it should be 2s (1s each way). Has anyone ever expeienced this sort of problem??

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

Is this a new problem or has it been there as long as you have used the server and firewall?

What kind of firewall are you using?

/johnny

Hello,

In fact I have found the problem but am not sure why exactly. The problem lies in the database connection. I WAS using UDL files and it was takeing forever. I changed to DSN and it works fine!?!? Don't ask me, I have no idea

Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back