Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Big problems with network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroboy

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2006
CA
Hi,

Iam working on a Dellb D610. Both the wired and wireless lan are not working properly. The wireless shows an excellent signal strength, but cannot get an IP address. When i do an Ipconfig, there is no DNS server or default gateway. I cannot do an ipconfig /renew either. Same with the wired Lan. Need help!!!!!

Have you tried resetting/rebooting any Router that may be involved? Is there ant firewalling preventing access?

What is the position if you boot in to Safe Mode with Networking?

Hi,

there are 150 other machines connected to the company's network that are working fine, so the issue is definitely with the laptop itself.

I just did a virus scan and removed a webtracker, but I don't think that was the problem.

I will try booting into safemode and see what happens

I would suggest trying to reinstall the drivers, however it does sound like it potentially could be a network problem. Check the connections and cable itself as well. I dont think safe modes going to get you anywhere in this case. Good Luck

i uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and restarted winsock. Now it work, but i have no clue what could've caused the problem. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back