Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Big problems with Netscape Navigator 4.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
This may seem like a dumb question but I am new to DW and maybe there are a number of elements contributing to the problem. I have just began designing web pages in Dreamweaver 3. When I preview the pages in MS Internet Explorer 5 everything is perfect but when I preview
the pages in Netscape Navigator 4.7 all order goes out the window. You name it photos buttons end up in places they should'nt be. I know there may be a number of things Im doing wrong here but Im open to any tips or clues on how I can avoid this problem with Netscape in the future. Thanks a million all!

Solution for LAYERS in NETSCAPE and EXPLORER:
Instead of DIV or SPAN, in Netscape should use LAYER or ILAYER. Unfortunately, both browsers dont work with those handlers so you must create a behaviour (javascript) to recognise the browser in use. So, the only chance is to develope two versions of your site. Sorry.

Hope to be helpfull.(-:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back