Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Big problem with perflib

Status
Not open for further replies.

glmrenard

Technical User
Oct 29, 2002
FR
Hello Xperts !

I hope i will find some help here.
My problem is the following one. In the event viewer I have some message :

La procédure d'ouverture du service "ISAPISearch" de la bibliothèque "C:\WINNT\system32\query.dll" a échoué. Les données de performance de ce service ne seront pas disponibles. L'état d'erreur renvoyé la donnée DWORD 0.

or

Le délai d'exécution de la fonction "PerfOS" de collecte de données de performance dans la bibliothèque "C:\WINNT\system32\perfos.dll" a expiré. Il y a peut-être un problème pour ce compteur extensible ou le service dont il tire ses informations, ou le système était peut-être très occupé au moment où l'appel a été tenté.

I am sorry it is in frenche cause I use a french version of windows....

I know the problem is from Compaq and perflib but I have no idea how to resolve it, please help.

Best regards,

Guillaume

We have this issue documented with Compaq, but they still have not released a fix. If and when I get info. from them, I'll pass it on here.

The application event logs mentioned are related to a conflict between CIM and Performance Monitor Counters used by either Windows NT services or applications installed (namely CIM Agents). I had this problem when CIM Agents tried to load counters associated with RRAS but this service was disabled. Workaround identify the service this DLL is associated with (I suspect this is an IIS server with some services stopped i.e.

HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\ISAPISearch

On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:

Value name: Disable Performance Counters
Data type: REG_DWORD
Radix: Decimal
Value data: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back