Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Big Message Waiting Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolbox212121

Technical User
Nov 18, 2010
US
We have a CS-1000 and I want to make a big light in the shop flash when a message is in a specific box. Kind of like a big MWL. We have the light on relays now. Any ideas of what card I need to be looking at and if this is even possible. We are running a Call Pilot for VM.

I was looking to use the Algo NT8D22 card for this. Does anyone have a way I can trigger a relay using the DB9 port on this card?

Yea I'm trying to do it with equipment on hand. My employer(govt) doesnt give us that big of a budget. Will the NT8D22 card connect contact on a relay remotely? Thank

The NT8D22 is a System Monitor Card. That isn't the card that will produce what you want.

NT8D02 is a Digital Line Card
NT8D09 is an Analog Line Card

If you want to do this with parts laying around, I think you will have to get a meter, find a relay and a couple of capacitors, tape it all together until it will throw the relay when the Message Voltage is sent out an NT8D09 analog card, and have it switch a big spotlight on and off. Just remember to design it so the relay coil impedance is not taking the phone "off-hook" and making it busy.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Ok thanks GHTROUT for the recommendation. Sound like a weekend of tinkering will get it to work. I will post if it work or not.

I second the Algo Auxbox that nessman suggested.

Works great attached to a Blue strobe light.

Here is what you do. Takes a little programming but it should work.

Create an analog line and don't put any hunting or forwarding on the line, or increase the number of rings to something like 10.

Then get the bell/light and put it on the analog line.

Then on the voicemail box set remote notification to that analog line. Then when a voicemail message is left the system will call that number and the light will go off and someone will have to call the voicemail system to check the messages.

If you want to get fancy, set a pickup group with the analog line you create and the phones where the light/bell will be, then when the light goes off they can pickup any phone in that area and use call pickup to grab the remote notification and get the voicemail.

This way you just need to get a loud bell or light that works off an analog line. and those are cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back