Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Big Companies with M1 Platform 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorstarOption

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
US
I used to work for Wiltel, Williams, BlackBox and so on. Just for my own reference, any big companies that still on a Nortel M1/CS1000M platform?

My problem with the E-MetroTel solution is that my company will never offer it as an approved product. We sell Avaya,Cisco, Shoretel and our own hosted product. People have a bad taste in their mouth from the whole Nortel/Avaya purchase because they got screwed over so bad. So most are ready to move on, honestly you cant blame them.

Just like when Macy's took over so many regional department stores, changed people's views on department stores. They really screwed up Marshall Field's here in Chicago with cluttered signage and a new sale everyday. That type of disengagement to their true consumer is the same thing Avaya did to their former Nortel users.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

So KCFLHRC, have you ever been able to get the Cisco 8800 series IP sets to work on Hosted? Just curious....I'd like to get one of those working on an open source SIP platform. They strangely look similar to the 1100 series IP Phones.

We use Polycom sets exclusively on our Hosted Platform

West Corporation has at least a couple Meridians. Likewise for the University of Miami, Vancouver Island University, and a number of broadcasters; Clear Channel has some, as does CBS.

EDIT: So does Shell Oil.

Indiana State University
Northern Illinois University
Southern Illinos University
University of Montana
Centurylink Corporate Offices
Boston College
City of Detroit
Detroit Office of Emergency Management (Nortel 1100 IP sets)
CDC USA Centers for Disease Control all facilities including the CDC National Hotline
Denver 911 Center

Nix US Cellular, they just ditched their Nortel CS1000 for an Avaya Aura platform, removing all the new M3900s they just installed a few years ago for new Avaya IP Sets.

Hi
I wanted to "upgrade" my Meridian1 to the latest and greatest getting some features and interconnectivity......$100,000+ buckaroos! (Does that sound right?)
I am still waiting on an estimate to replace my digital sections with a new pbx and interconnect it with the analog side of the M1. If I knew more about telephony and how these things tick, I would prolly just leave the M1 as is until I cant get parts..

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Baptist health systems
City of Daytona Beach
Palm coast data
Memorial medical centers
City of palm coast
Various FAQ centers
All in Florida

Well GUI you need to look at the UCx solution from Emetrotel. I am confident the 100,000 will drop at least in half to $50,000.

Check out this video about a Sheraton that upgraded from a M1 to a UCx which allows you to keep your Meridian and Nortel IP phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back