Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

big batch of mail chokes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmons

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
I have to send out 150 messages or so at once from my library to customers.

Only about the first 40 get out and the rest don't go out.

Where do I start to go about fixing that?
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Here is some info from the qmail doc but how do I implement it? How do I know if my system has resource limits and where do I set the descriptors limit??? Do "deliveries" at once mean the number of actual email messages?

All help is appreciated.

8.1. How do I tell qmail to do more deliveries at once? It's running only 20 parallel qmail-remote processes.

Answer: Decide how many deliveries you want to allow at once. Put that number into control/concurrencyremote. Restart qmail-send as in question 7.1. If your system has resource limits, make sure you set the descriptors limit to at least double the concurrency plus 5; otherwise you'll get lots of unnecessary deferrals whenever a big burst of mail shows up. Note that qmail also imposes a compile-time concurrency limit, 120 by default; this is set in conf-spawn.

ok. i have qmHandle on my desktop on my antique windows95 computer at home. guess i can put it on a floppy and drive on down to the library and put it on the server that way.

*seems so low tech*

otherwise known as the brute force method.

evidently not. that's annoying. i thought all servers had lynx. but then i guess we didn't load it.

[root@mail /]# lynx
bash: lynx: command not found
[root@mail /]# whereis lynx
lynx:
[root@mail /]#

dang.

you might got luck with wget, w3m or (this is not very common) midnight commander aka mc
on the other hand, there is a WinSCP package, which you might want to use on your W32 Platform to transfer via scp to you linux box.

Anyway, how about reading a linux-mini-HOWTO ?

good idea. how do I find the mini how to?
Do a google search on mini how to?

Oh sseitz, I thought maybe you had a link to the mini how-to. I can use the search engine at to search for them.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back