Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BICSI or RCDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishmcl

Programmer
Dec 29, 2005
US
For cabling certification what one of these two are better to have and what is the cost for training for both?

If you have the cash and the time, I think RCDD would be the best. Not sure on the costs involved, but I'm sure it won't be cheap.
All depends on what you are looking for.....

It's a lot more than just paying for and taking a certification. You really need to understand the material and prove you are an experienced professional.

However, the training is of very high quality and highly recommended. I started with the DD102 many years ago.

Like Skip said, the RCDD is the "advanced" degree of BICSI training college.
It is great if you can get some (any) proper cabling training from an organization like BICSI. If you master all cabling install areas, meet the prereq of business and pass the costly exam than you are a viable spokesman and cabling layout designer like Daron Wilson. Many contributors to this forum have on-the-job skills that have served us well for many years; some have taken the additional steps to get the certification and recognition. My hats off to all RCDDs.

Regards
Peter Buitenhek
ProfitDeveloper.com

"Never settle for a job well done...always look for cost cutting measures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back