Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BI tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam76

Programmer
May 30, 2005
JO
hi,
I'm currently looking for a BI tool to implement in my company. if anyone has an information about a study or anything related to comparison or evaluation of BI products,please let me know.
best regards.

Try....

And there are also all the main companies....
etc
etc

It very much depends on what you are trying to do, as to which BI tools you choose!

For example, for simple adhoc quering, we use Hummingbird BI-Query, and for more complex reporting and analysis, we use the Cognos Toolsuite.

Hope this helps,

Adam.

thanks for your reply. I already tried the sites you mentionned. what I'm specifically looking for, is an evaluation or comparison between BI product. for exemple, I'm using SPEX evaluation (the free ones!) to know the strenghts and limitations of some products. The products that I want to compare are the following: Cognos series 7, Essbase,Brio performance suite, Crystal enterprise 8.5, Microstrategy 7 and WebFocus.
if you (or anybody else!) know or already done such study, please let me know.
thank you in advance.
best regards.

to sam76:

Also look at SPSS BI solutions at They have some great stuff that is priced much less than others. SPSS has great support and training programs too.

The SPSS products are web-enabled and are easy to learn.

solutionman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back