Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beware of Bad VCM32 Batch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldrondigital

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2009
On 4 separate IP500 systems I've deployed in the last 6 months, purchased new, 2 of 4 VCM32 cards had issues. One was purchased in May-June of this year, another in March. That's 50% in my particluar deployment!

The issue that I had at both clients is the VCM32 not being able to allocate more than a single VCM resource/codec even though there are 4 included licenses with the card. System Status would show congestion after a single codec was used, and you would get a busy or waiting for line on IP phones or SCN. I also observed that even if you have additional VCM soft licenses on top of the 4, the VCM still will not open more than a single VCM channel.

In both cases, warranty replacement of both VCMs remedied the issue.

F-Y-I

This was my original thread for the first VCM issue I had. The second time around I didn't really have to think much, I just had the part swapped, which of course fixed the issue at the other client.

I have seen simular issues on a VCM64 a while ago
The only difference was that the VCM64 could do 5 channels
That is the only case i have had with VCM cards

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks for the info,
I just found 1, does the same thing, allows 1 call to go through, all others will not.
Swapped out with another vcm32 and problem cleared.

So, this is a hardware issue? I will have to check mine too!

Help me to help you! Helping each other makes us stronger, smarter!

Is there a part/ serial # associated with these?? So we can look out for them?

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back