Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

better than photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2007
CA
I would like to go into the business of taking pictures of people and placing them on a background with pictures .
For example the background could be a dinasor.
I know I can do this with photoshop.
I know that there are different programs,I think they are better.
Can someone tell me the names of these programs

Here's a hint. I don't think it has much to do with Photoshop.

It has to do with photographic technique, and the color of the background used when the photo is taken.

Hi kiddpete
Thanks for your help
Is there a program called safari that is used for things like this.

Safari I believe is an application for web browsing on the Macintosh. May I suggest that you go on some course that introduces you to digital photography and photo editing.

You might try Corel's PSP, it's less expensive than Photoshop. Or you might try Photoshop Elements.

Look up (I think!) 'chroma-key' or 'chroma key'; not sure how to spell it, but that's the idea you're looking for. Shoot your subjects in front of a monochrome screen and replace the monochrome with a picture, right?

...and there's NOTHING better than Photoshop, though there may be a program that's better for your budget, experience/skill level, etc.

Good luck!
-E

(DISCLAIMER: Self-taught AI user; unorthodox methods w/good results)
'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

...layers palette, bottom icons, fourth from left...

...click that icon to see the list of options, levels is fourth from top...

Andrew

...if you need to clip it to the layer below, press the alt/option key, click between the two layers, the dividing line (your cursor will change when in correct spot)...

...this means it will only effect that layer it is clipped to, any other layers below that are not effected...

Andrew

...the shortcut to clipping adjustment layers is to press the alt/option key as you select the adjustment layer, then click the checkbox 'Use previous layer to create clipping mask' in the dialog that pops up...

Andrew

Hi Andrew
Thanks for your help.
This reply was very helpful. 9 Feb 08 18:07

But these 2 replies were not understandable.
Can you be more simple.
Thanks
9 Feb 08 18:10
9 Feb 08 18:12

...those were additional tips...

...for what you require the <9 Feb 08 18:07> post is sufficient...

...the other two additional posts are for situations when you have more than one layer, for example a text layer on top of a picture layer, by default both the text layer and the image layer will be changed by the adjustment layer you add...

...the clipping option is to therefore to target one of those layers only and not both, the adjustment will then only affect the one it is clipped to...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back