Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Better path

Status
Not open for further replies.

campyracr

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
US
I am beginning my quest for certs now.

I have access to on line CBT for A+, N+ etc.
Is it better to take the practice exams or go through the material then take the practice exams?

Go through the material first and then you can use the practice tests to point out gaps in your understanding.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Thanks, that's where I was going, but wanted the advice of someone who's been there.

It just seems so dry... ;-)

If you are just starting out and dont know much then go through the material (if you want to learn something). If you have been in the field for sometime and know your stuff then go through the practice exams. If you want to be a paper cert just take the practice exams but beware that it your true colors will come out in the interview or on the job when a problem comes up. Good luck

Comptek
A+, Network+

I appreciate that. I've been in the field for over 6 years, just never needed a cert. My employeer isn't asking me to get one, but then again, I am considering other offers, which will likely require a cert.

I had my A+ cert for a while. I'm thinking about taking the Net+ test since I work around a network using Novell. My question is two parts. First I would like to learn more about networks But my supervision is pushing me into learning more about XP OS since I support end users. Is there a way to learn both without spending to much time.

Thanks

epenetus!

For the Network+, go to . In the lower left-hand corner, click on Tcat's Hot Tips. After you register, you can download his Net+ Study Guide in PDF. It is awesome.

As for XP, just use it.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

There's a MCP (microsoft certified professional) course you can take for windows xp professional : this will teach you about networking, and about the OS at the same time.

xeroeight
A+. Net+, MCSE W2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back