Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best WinXP settings for running Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

EwertG

Programmer
Jul 9, 2003
ZA
Hi there!

I have a problem with Windows XP randomly crashing when I work in Premiere. It happens whether I'm importing, editing or exporting, about every half an hour or so. I know that there are best settings in terms of the size of paging files etc. Does anyone know where I can find out how XP should be configured for optimal performance with Premiere? I already defragment my hard drives etc. so I've eliminated part of the problem. Also, all the latest service packs and fixes for Premiere and XP have been installed. Like I say, it's working fine except for randomly crashing every now and then - usually after forgetting to save! ;)

Thanks in advance!

hi ewart
can you tell me the error it give or it just vapourize.

Akash

Hi Akash,

It just crashes and then bring up the standard Microsoft error report with the "Send", "Don't Send" buttons. No error message in Premiere.

Hello - Did you ever resolve your problem with XP and Premiere? I find there are many of us - I just discovered there's definitely an issue of compatibility here and no solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back