Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to ring multiple stations in SV8300 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiacomo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2004
US
What is the best way to ring multiple stations in SV8300?

We've got PRI with DIDs and I'd like to ring several stations simultaneously (and then even more on delay). I could assign a virtual extension, I guess, but is there a better way? If I assign a virtual extension, is it possible to "hide" the key? If I can hide the key, what happens when someone puts a caller on hold and wants to return to the call?

Thanks in advance for what I know will be great answers!

The feature you are looking for is Group call by pilot number and it is a bit complicated to explain so try a search for it and if you draw a blank get back to us and we will try and go through it!

Just reviewed a few other posts and as you are new to the product I have to ask if you have access to all the manuals, the reason is as a newly qualified tech you need to get your hands on the feature programming manual. It's a lead you by the nose programming guide and if it is not available for the 8300 get a copy of the IPS feature programming guide as it is virtually identical!

Great!

That's the hint I need -- I've got the manuals. If I run in trouble, I'll be back to ask questions. [bigsmile]

Thanks!

I actually have a group ringing, but I'm not entirely sure if I'm understanding the manual.

In CM11, I set up virtual x1990.
In CM 13 Y=45, I allowed "Call By Pilot Number Dialing Station"
In CM12 I assigned group 00 to 1990.

At this point, the manual points me to CM18 -- but it's unclear exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. I skipped this for the moment.

In CM57, I assigned x3800 and x3150 to Group 00..

Voila - when I dial x1990 -- both x3800 and x3150 ring. However, when I've placed a call to the group and answer it, the next call to the group doesn't ring on the station on which I answered the first call. (that's a confusing sentence, I hope it makes sense).

I'm thinking that CM18 is the key. Here's the part that confuses me:
QrD8RmC.png

Cmd 180 de 1990 de 3150 exe
cmd 180 de 3150 de 3800 exe

should do it. If not, close the loop with....

Cmd 180 de 3800 de 1990 exe

this will make it a circular hunt group but the first two lines should do as we are dealing with a pilot hunt group. You may need to busy out the pilot number using Cmd E50 de 1990 de 0 exe.

I was working on this as well recently, got everything up and running, but I would like the hunt group to include a cell phone. I tried to forward all calls from the stations in the group to outside numbers, but when this is done either the pilot will ring busy (if all stations are forwarded all in E600) or only the stations that don't have call forward all will ring.

I didn't start a new thread cause I felt this was related. If I need to let me know. Thanks for your help :)

I don't believe you can include a cell phone in the group as the way the group works is the first to answer gets the call and as the call could be answered whilst the cell call is being set up it could cause problems. I would have to check the feature manual to see if that is really the case.

I will see if I can check it tomorrow and get back to you.

The following is from the Features & Specs. manual.
The priority for call handling by features, to a pilot station, is as follows:
• Call Forwarding - All Calls
• Call Forwarding - Busy Line
• Camp-On (Call Waiting Method/Transfer Method)
• Station Hunting
First make sure that you can call forward to an outside number(a land line or another DID). Then try the cell phone number.
Call forward to an outside number is controlled by several settings. Feature class of service (CMD's 1526 + 1527, allowed at default), system data (CMD 08>028>0 = allow CO to CO transfer) and route to route connections (CMD 360>inc rt outgo rt>0 = allow).

From the features and specs Business manual under the Group call by pilot number dialling conditions,

"Conditions On Paging

1. When a station in Group Call group sets Call Forwarding - All Calls or Do Not Disturb, a Group Call
cannot page the station. It is regarded as in busy status."

A group call by pilot number is considered to be a Paging feature

Also

"2. When a station in Group Call group sets Call Forwarding - Busy Line, and the station is busy, Call Forwarding
- Busy Line is not operated and a Group Call cannot page the station. It is regarded as in busy status."

However

"5. When a Group Call station sets Call Forwarding - Don’t Answer, the Group Call will not be forwarded
and the Group Call station will be paged.

Maybe instead of group call a straight hunt group would be a better choice. In some applications using virtuals with call forward settings is more useful.

Thanks guys for the great info. Belevedere, i was orginally trying to use a virtuals for the group call but, when I called the pilot, none of the virtual in the group would ring only the pilot (most likely my fault probablly didnt set something right) my programming looked like this

cmd 11> built my pilot and two virtuals

cmd 1345> enabled one virtual to be a pilot

cmd 1243> made this 00 (thats what i choose for my group)

cmd 180> skipped cause i want all ext to ring at the same time

cmd 5710-29> add my exts to the group.

I will try the hunt group tomorrow let you know what happens. Ozziegeorge, thanks for clearing up that the group call feature is actually a paging feature did not know that,I was doing a call forward all on the exts. i'll be adding all this info to my personal documentation. you guys are awesome!! again I'll try this tomorrow and report my findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back