Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordancdc

Programmer
Jan 28, 2010
US
I'm using SSRS 2008. My report looks fine in the preview window but when I try to write it to PDF it gets all screwed up. How can I get the onscreen to look like the pdf.

Thanks but no. I actuallly read that. I'm not using any special fonts.

I would assume that the preview window renders with the System.Drawing namespaces in .Net. HTML renders via your web browser, obviously. PDF renders via your PDF viewer. So basically, there are always going to be some differences. Part of the report development process is to test the report across a variety of different rendering formats. And I would consider the preview window to be the least important view to get it pixel perfect. Because who looks at it besides the developer?

Perhaps if you describe the exact formatting issue you are having then it will be easier to help.

What the output looks like is

State Total White Black Am Ind Chin Jap Haw Phil As Ind

And so on. Each entry in the title is a column. When it displays on the preview screen (SSRS 2008) everything looks fine. But when I go to create PDF, it only produces about half the columns and then goes to another page. I hardly every have a problem with a table going fom preview mode to pdf. So why does this one do that?

Thank you all. I was able to make it fit using the margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back