Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

best way to get pop-up menu on mouseover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

js1

MIS
Jun 6, 2002
GB
I know FP2K can do this but can't figure out how: I've got a column of graphics stacked together, most of them hyperlinks to other specific pages. For some of those graphics, though, I'd like a menu, or whatever FP calls a collection of further choices, to appear when the user's mouse points to the graphic, then disappear when the user moves his mouse away from it. What's the best way to accomplish this? <br>I'm thinking I may need to create a separate graphic that displays the additional choices, make those choice hot-spots within that graphic, and then make the appropriate "parent" graphic a hover button that displays the second list when the user points to it. Would that work, and if so, is it the only option? I'd rather avoid hover buttons because I know Netscape doesn't always work well with them and I'm trying to keep my site functional for both NS and IE. <br>Thanks for any replies.

Have you looked into doing this with a Java script?&nbsp;&nbsp;You can find out more information on how to do it at:<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <p>Linda Adams<br><a href=mailto:Garridon@aol.com>Garridon@aol.com</a><br><a href= Adams Online</a><br>I'm a professional writer, published internationally.

Check out this site... I believe this is exactly what you're looking for. <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <br><br>Instead of just taking the script info and leaving, drop a note to Shirley and tell her Linda (LB) sent you to find the script. Any email at the site will go to her.<br><br>Linda<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back