Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to add multiple T1's 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2024
CA
Hi,

I'm building a G450 with 2 MM710B's. I've built quite a few but all till now have only had a lone PRI/MM710b with 1 signalling group and trunk group.

Where I'm confused is with the signalling. It seems I can't add the second PRI to the trunk group without a second signalling group. So I'm curious if I can add both T1's to the same trunk group using the same signalling group? Or do I need to create a second signalling group?

The goal is one big trunk group with 46 channels.

Is the provider set up that way? they would need to be set up with a primary D channel for both before you can do it on the system.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

The PRI's are separate 23+D channel. I'd like to combine these into one large trunk and signalling group but what you're saying is that it isn't possible unless the provider has it configured that way.

So my only option in the system is -

2 trunk groups and 2 signalling groups

or

1 trunk group but 2 signalling groups?

1 trunk with 2 signaling groups is what you would want/need to do.

Thanks for the replies and clarification everyone. It's appreciated!

To be redundant you should have two individual PRI each with their own separate signal group. The ISDN provider should have no issue delivering them this way.

Historically, for larger deployments there is the capability to "pool" PRI circuits and have a primary and secondary signal channel. This allows the use of 23 channels on the first 2 PRI and 24 channels on the remainder. There were also issues with some of the central office switches not being equipped to deliver all PRI circuits with individual signal groups. Not sure if this was a limitation of the central office switch or a cost factor. We saw this primarily with the DMS central office switches (I believe the DMS100).

Facility Associated Signaling versus Non-Facility Associated Signaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back