Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEST SSRS Books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eb24

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
US
Wanted to know which books do you all think are some of the best for SS Reporting Services?

Hitchhikers guide seems to be very popular - was the one that I used when learning but havn't read any others to be able to give a comparison

Rgds, Geoff

Three things are certain. Death, taxes and lost data. DPlank is to blame

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Hitchhikers guide is the only one i've used too, but I was a bit suprised at how easy it was to follow through, the writers at least had a sense of humour so overall it was an enjoyable read rather than an uphill struggle.

Definately recommend it.

yup - the sense of humour aspect definitely helps ! makes you see that the authors also struggled through and had "fun" trying to make sense of certain functionality !

Rgds, Geoff

Three things are certain. Death, taxes and lost data. DPlank is to blame

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Yeah it definately helps to have something to laugh at when you reading a technical book. Thought the authors were superb and like you say Geoff its good to see that they struggled through breaking RS down and also with some of the bugs and terminology i.e Transparent....

-Steve

FYI: I've seen the WROK version of the RS book. It is ugly. I'd advise staying away from it if you can help it.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back