Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEST SPAM PROGRAM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimchim4444

Technical User
May 6, 2004
US
What is the best SPAM PROGRAM to use with EUDORA????

Choice Mail by
I have used this spam filter with Eudora for over a year with superb results. Recommended by Walt Mossberg of Wall Street Journal.

I have it set up to check multiple mailboxes. It can also check AOL and other non-POP mailboxes.

Try it, you'll like it!

Bob
:)X

I would be nice if you could either set-up the JUNK MAILBOX to delete messages when you exit Eudora or the ability to create a button that deletes the messages out of the JUNKBOX when you click on it. I don't like to manually delete the messages out of the JUNK MAILBOX.

With "ChoiceMail One" my Junk Box remains empty. Eudora junk mail filtering becomes superfluous.

ChoiceMail allows preview of mail in ? box for 2 days [user selectable] and then moves mail to its own junk zone. Some emails are automatically filtered into the ChoiceMail Junk Zone by User Choices, some by user code, and some by Choicemail code.

End result: no hassle. The only time I am careful to check ChoiceMail for incoming email is after an online purchase or online sign up. Then I am looking for an auto generated response which, like spam, will be trapped by Choicemail.

Since Choicemail works by a "white list" and can spoof the return address for the confirmation request, no extra spam is created due to verification of valid email address.

Works!

Bob

If I want to check for emails do I have to do a check using the Choicemail One program???? What happens if I check using my email program first???? Is there a way to set up a preview window for unknown messages so you don't have to open them up???? I have an antivirus program that scans my messages and I don't know if its safe or not to open messages in your program.

EUDORA checks "localhost" [ChoiceMail]. ChoicMail checks as many mailboxes as you wish. My dominant Eudora personality checks localhost. Only approved messages cross over to Eudora. My Norton Anti-virus checks all email coming and going.

Do check the FAQ's on the Choicemail website. You will find most of your questions answered there.

It works!

I don't understand. I have 3 email addresses set up in EUDORA(one for me,my brother and my mom). I only have Choicemail setup to check my mail. If I bring up Eudora first,will SPAM MESSAGES go in the CHOICEMAIL Junk box????
Or do I always check my messages through CHOICEMAIL????

Choicemail will check and download email from you, your mom, and your brother's email servers.

All three email personalities receive the same anti-spam filters and rules.

Your Dominant personality will now pull all the good email into Eudora. ChoiceMail keeps the remaining email to safely preview, accept manually, or let it timeout and automatically junk the remainder.

I use filters to direct mail to folders. My Eudora Junk mail box is not used. Unknown, first time mail lands in my IN box, but never more than a half dozen a day.

Do you use filters?

Bob

Yes I use filters!!!! Thanks for all your help!!!!
I'm just previewing the program right now and have it set-up just to check my emails. My brother or mom never get spams,so I didn't set them up yet.
THANKS AGAIN!!!! Looks like a really great program!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back