Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best SIP paging for IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2009
US
www.kittelsons.com
I need someone to suggest a Six zone or more paging system that is accessible via SIP and will work with IP Office.

I have a customer with two IP Office phone systems at two sites. They are opening a third site in a couple of weeks. I have been asked to install a paging system as well as the phones at the third site. There is no IP Office at the third site.

I was considering installing a FXO or FXS bridge between one of the IP office systems and the third building, but I would really like to install a SIP paging system using normal wiring (not VOIP) to the speakers. This would allow me to page from both IP Office systems to the zones without having to buy three bridges.

Does anyone have any experience with this that can give me a suggestion that they know works? Thank you in advance for your help.

Most SIP Paging devices use multicast. The IPO does not.

We have requested it through the correct channels so please make some noise. All the other vendors do it and we have actually lost sales over it.

Jason

Work is the only way I can feed my habit....

Flying, Flying, flying & Flying

Mere Mortals
Brisbane, Australia.

Just use a simple linksys ATA ($40 or so) and an IP Endpoint licence.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Works fine if you only want one zone. Take for example a private school which has K-12 they want different zones all around the school. Much simpler with Multicast and you don't have to worry about another piece of equipment (ATA) in the middle, especially if you are using it for emergency situations.

Jason

Mere Mortals
Brisbane, Australia.

That is depressing news. I had ordered a Valco SIP paging unit to use with the IP Office. I guess that I will have to order a FXO and FXS port and tie the two locations together with that and use the analog port to access a standard six zone paging unit.

Not sure if this applies to you or could help you;

I had a remote site that had an existing paging system and no ip office control unit, just IP phones. I simply added a dedicated 5610 phone tied from the main site and came out of the handset jack to the tip/ring of the paging amp. The paging code simply intercom's the phone which puts it through the paging system along with several other phones they have onsite. I didn't want to mess with 3rd party sip ATA's and licenses needed for the ipoffice system. My method has proved perfectly reliable and they are heavy page users.

We once put 2 DS phones upside down on a lowered ceiling instead of an expansive intercom system. I wouldn't advice to do the same but it worked for 7 years. We recently replaced the whole thing with an IP500 and 2 analog page speakers. You can now do the same with the ATA/SIP now a days. You also have doorphone over sip they work great.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Try Cyberdata they have a paging server interface which will logon as a SIP client and then multicast out to cyberdata speakers.

Mere Mortals
Brisbane, Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back