Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Practice PO entry for multi entity

Status
Not open for further replies.

wysiwygGER01

Programmer
Feb 18, 2009
AU
Hi,
We are using Accpac 5.5 and have several countries set up as entities within 1 database.
We would now want to add a purchasing entity which sells items to the countries at a mark-up price.

The way it should work is that the country raises a PO which includes the mark-up price. This PO is send to the purchasing entity which raises a sales order for it. (this part can be automated with the Inter Entity Trade module).
The problem now comes when the purchasing entity needs to send to PO to the supplier. This PO must not show the mark-up price obviously.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this before and could advise on a best practice?
Can this be done when all entities are within the same database?

Thanks for your reply tuba.

The PO only exists one times. How can the same PO have 2 different price lists?
The country raises PO and sends it to the purchasing entity.
From there it's send to the supplier, but without the mark-up.
It should only be one PO for the whole transaction.

Hi tuba,

I don't think 2 price lists will work.

The country raises a PO for the purchasing entity which includes the mark-up. So the country has a liability towards the purchasing entity.

Then the purchasing entity raises a PO for the actual vendor excluding any mark-ups. The purchasing entity therefore has a liability towards the vendor.

I can create the sales order from the PO with no problem.
But this 2nd PO to the supplier is causing me a headache.
I could of course create a PO from the sales order and run a macro to adjust the PO prices, but was hoping there is a better way of achieving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back