Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Photo Management Software? Any tips? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

davegmail

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2006
US
I have many digital photos, plus more to be scanned into many categories - scouts, computer subjects, church, etc.

I would like a professional level software to manage them - retrieval, uploading to websites for sale, watermarking them, etc. What works best for you?

Thanks, Dave

Jim - thanks, I know about Picasa, but I really need a pro level software. I did some research. I'll keep looking for it in professional photography websites & magazines.

You do realize that 'retrieval, uploading to websites for sale, watermarking them, etc.' is possible even with Picasa, right?

Can you be more specific about what you need?

I too suggest Picasa and don't understand what "pro Level" functionality you need.

Can you be more specific?

sam

Check out LightRoom .. or Google Photograph Management Software

(when did picasa jump to pro level?)

Hi, if you need the very best, I think Lightroom (2) is the one for you. But you must do everything throuhg it. Files are not immediately compatible, they must be exported for use elswhere.
For my part, I use Thumb+ ( for many years and it is very "customizable" and even compatible with MS Access database. What I like particularly, it's the fact you keep control of everything the soft can do.
C

cebebe - that is something I am looking for. I'll check back. This may take about 2-4 weeks. Sorry, but busy.
Excellent! Thank you!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back