Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEST MTS RESOURCES ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vans

Programmer
Apr 23, 2001
Hi Guys,
I am new to MTS Environment,I want to learn more details on MTS,is there any best resources (exclusive for MTS),please let me know ,Your help would be a great & you will become my hero....

Thanks in advance.

Bye,
vans.

This forum is the best resource I have found for advanced information on MTS. Setting up and using MTS is very simple, yet that is what you find documented everywhere. Actually running components in MTS can raise many subtle, tricky issues, and I have not found much documentation on them outside of this forum.

As for books, "Professional Visual Basic 6 MTS Programming" by Matthew Bortniker is awesome! Go get it! I also have "Programming Distributed Applications with COM and MS VB 6.0" by Ted Pattison, who is a MTS guru. I haven't used that book nearly as much.

Do youself a favor and immediately read the first 5 chapters of the first book. It is very easy to create and deploy MTS components that will run crappy in real life. Creating good MTS components takes real understanding of how MTS works, which few resources explain.

Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back