Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best method of motion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedeia

Technical User
May 8, 2001
US
How can i make objects move more smoothly. Any special methods to keep in mind when doing motion tween. Any good scripts that can help. I have searched on the net but was not able to find what i am looking for, maybe using wrong search words or something. Thanks!

What are you looking for exactly? Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

The key to smooth movement is a high frame rate. The default 12fps is never going to look smooth regardless of whether you're tweening or using script. Slainte

Thank you,I will certianly try it to see if that smooths the animation out.

I'd say from around 18 to 22. Play around with it a little. See how smooth you want it while maintaing a low frame rate. If im not mistaken, a higher frame rate means a larger file size.

That's a good point: higher frame rates do sometimes lead to a slight increase in filesize because there are more frames being used but this only really applies when you're doing a lot of tweened or frame by frame motion - but if you've got a one frame movie where everything is controlled by script then there's no impact on filesize.

How much you can push frame rate depends on how much is going on in your movie, how fast your processor is and how fast your target audience's processor is.

At least 18fps for smooth motion but most people would be able to deal with 25fps. For most script stuff, as long as there isn't too much moving on screen, I default at 35fps - really smooth.

There is a bug in Flash 5 which means movies play slow on Macs if the frame rate is 30fps or below (so I'm told), so setting to at least 31fps is a good idea. Slainte

Wow, 30 fps? I've been using 16 fps and that animates nice and smoothly. I may move to a higher rate though after reading this thread.
funkymonk2.jpg

rod@sameplanet.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back