Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Install program

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenris

Programmer
May 20, 1999
CA
In your opinion, what is the best Install program out there for distributing your programs? I am looking for one that is easy to use, but has the advanced options that I may need later on.

I heard wise was pretty good....

Troy Williams B.Eng.
fenris@hotmail.com

I have been using Inshield Express which you can quickly and simply setup a professional install script.

I also think wise is a very good install programm.
I used it because it's very easy to use, free and there's an 'Auto Repair' Function included which allowes the end user to reinstall the programm if an error comes.
Best results under Windows 2000 and Windows ME and so I think that's the real !!

fenris -

There was another thread dealing with this a month or two ago. Do a search on "Installer".

General consensus was that Wise is good for almost everyone. And if you have to do something that it can't handle, use InstallShield.

Chip H.

I use Inno Setup. It has everything I have needed so far
The best part is that its totally free.
Dragnut

Hi Fenris

Just modify VB's Setupkit its the Best one for VB Deployment.

You can modify Setup program to make it attractive and more user friendly.

Bye
Dhir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back