Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best image editor for use with Dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragndrop

Programmer
May 15, 2003
US
Hello, All.

I'm a Dreamweaver newbie and am curious to hear what you folks think is the best image editor for web design use in conjuction with Dreamweaver. Right now, I'm thinking of buying either Fireworks MX (better integration with Dreamweaver) or Adobe Illustrator (cheaper, more features). Perhaps neither of these is my best choice... Opinions?

image editor....photoshop hands down (period)
fireworks is more for web stuff like dropdowns and simple graphics, but if you want to get into more complex shizznith then photoshop is the way to go. Ilustrator by the way is a vector programs used primarily for drawing pictures (like logos or aret scenes or what not).

[Hammer]
Nike Failed Slogans -- "Just Don't Do It!"

I agree with deecee...Photoshop is the best. It's packaged with ImageReady which will help with optimizing web graphics, animated gifs, creating rollovers, image maps etc. I couldn't work without Photoshop.

I only use Fireworks myself as my work is "web stuff"

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

I agree...I use Fireworks for the majority of quick stuff. It does intergrate well with DW which I use. But Photoshop is a powerhouse for the heavy duty stuff.

Up with PS down with FW!....if like some nice images...if you want some simple "click here" crap then FW

>>If you want some simple &quot;click here&quot; crap then FW<<
I couldn't disagree more. I find that it's not the tool but the master behind the tool that makes it great or not. FW rocks. I will admit that Photo Shop is the best bitmap editor out there. but it's also cost the most, and I would guess that 80% of the people out there using it do not use it's full potential. If you are a photo shop master then by all means get PS. If not save your money. Corel makes an excellent product for half the price. I can produce any thing with photo paint that can be done with photo shop. By the way the best masking tool on the market is Knock Out by Procreate and guess who owns Procreate.
OK of the soap box and back to Fire Works. Here is a site that used Fire Works to create it's click through crap notice the crayons they were drawn with Fire Works.

Here is a review on Fire Works from ZDNet

LOL...no need to arguee
&quot;If you are a photo shop master then by all means get PS. If not save your money&quot;....
Yes...
and Yes it is very $$$ but WELL worth it....especially if u are like me &quot;pixel-picky&quot; about images...
FW is &quot;simple&quot; in comparison to PS but good (-$) way to enter the web design...
or ignore the posts and use MS Photo Editor...hmhm...hmm HA-HA :) ....just don't ever say I recomended it over any of the software mentined above LOL
p.s.....spend some time with Google and the $ might not matter

&quot;p.s.....spend some time with Google and the $ might not matter&quot;

lol

[Peace][Pipe]
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back