Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best content management system

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasnevant

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2003
ES
Hi,

I am starting a new IT company in Madrid, and we want to build a web site for it. The first 4 months it will be very simple, and contain only some basic information about our company. Later on we want to add more content to it.

I have heard about PostNuke, PHPNuke, Xoops, etc... Which one do you recommend me? Our intentions are:
- I should be easily maintenable (we don't want to spend a lot of time on its maintenance)
- It should have a professional look (easily customizable to my company look and feel)
- If possible, it should include a built in statistics module.
- PHP would be better than ASP, Perl, etc...

Thanks in advance,
Lucas

May be a better question for the forum1246 "Web content management systems" forum

[/sub]

Hi onpnt,

Yes, you are right, but I thought that I could get some more answers here, as this forum is much more active, and although the content of my question is about CMS, I just thought that maybe some participants in this forum could help me.

Sorry if this is not the adecuate forum,
Lucas

True, the CMS forum is new and not as active as this one but maybe your thread can get some life in there also.

As much as I am torn on cross postings, the thread is here and if more members decide to reply around this arena then you gain from it. I would always try to keep your posting to the topic at hand first though.

Thanks for understanding [smile]

[/sub]

I would recommend a) using dreamweaver for its simplicity.
b)flash to make it look good
c) photoshop for images
Now onto the file type i have had great succes with coldfusion and the CFML language, its relitively logical, i prefer it over ASP and i just plain dont understand PHP
Just my views

The way web design should be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back