Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Code Font

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobisto

Programmer
Feb 13, 2002
MK
Can you give your opinion on what is a good code font and which font are you using.
The reason for this is because i use Courier New but it is not the best font. I saw some good font but can't find it. I saw this font on one MSDN TV epizode. Here is the link.

If you have any suggestion about best code font or you know this font from video please reply.

Do a search on Andale Mono. There are still downloads for that. The O's, 0(zero)'s, 1(one)'s, l's, etc. are all easily distinguishable.

Another good one is Vera Sans Mono.

_____
Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Nope. The font shown is neither of the ones I suggested. I found the reference to Andale on a MS developer's blog and went out to find it. I tried a number of monspaced fonts and liked Andale the best. I don't remember one the looked like the one in the video.

I especially like Andale because it looks good a 8pt. (I like to smash as much onto my screen as possible.)

_____
Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

I haven't watched the video, but I use ProFont, except when I need to use some international characters, when I switch to Arial Unicode temporarily.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back