Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best BOOK -PAGE FLIP program/software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barb123

Technical User
Feb 18, 2009
US
hi - does anyone have a recommendation for a good cheap page-flipping software that perhaps I can just upload pdfs pr jps and do myself. It is for a 20 page book I designed in indesign and I just want to make it readable (page flipping) on my site. I see a lot of google but it is overwhelming to me and some are expensive. THANK YOU!

Are you referring to page imposition software for printing or a SWF gimmick to make it look like you are turning pages on a web page? I would suspect you meant the latter but you mention that you 'want to make it readable', so I am confused.

...well, there is this one:

...and also indesign cs4 can export to page flipping SWF, but no external navigation is included when exporting to SWF, it just exports to the page trim size in spreads export...

andrew

Thank you Andrew and Eugene. Very Helpful.

I like that flashpageflip software you showed me Andrew. And to both, it makes sense InDesign has become more interactive. I will see about getting the new version (I have cs3). EUGENE - i watched the cs4 page flip tutorial - can you also make two facing pages so it looks like a regular book flipping from InDesign? (in the tutorial it is just one page).

Thanka again.

...as mentioned above about CS4:

"...and also indesign cs4 can export to page flipping SWF, but no external navigation is included when exporting to SWF, it just exports to the page trim size in spreads export..."

...so you have to export as spreads so the flip happens on the spine, if you export as single pages then the flip just happens down the middle of that single page...

...when spreads are exported with a first and last page (right hand and left hand) then you automatically get the blanks left of first page, right of back page inserted by the SWF export...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back