Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best AV for corporate Windows 7 workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokie97VT

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2009
I am looking for a new AV/malware solution. Any recommendations for the best AV/malware protection that does not impact performance of applications?

I am trying to download the Kaspersky free trial but it just goes to blank page after filling out the form.

I have good experience with ESET Endpoint Antivirus (have about 700 computers with central management). Not the highest rankings in comparative tests, but works good on older hardware. In general, you always have to choose between good protection and low impact on performance.

===
Karlis
ECDL; MCSA

We've also had good luck with ESET. Another one to look at is Sophos.

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

I'm not involved with that side of things where I work, but I can tell you this:
[ol 1]
[li]We have 600+ folks in one office/location, and I believe 300+ in another, and probbaly 100+ at least in another, and by extensinos/contracts, etc, I believe there are still more than that.[/li]
[li]We've been (to my knowledge) using the same AV software for quite some time - well, upgrading to newer versions as needed of course.[/li]
[li]The software we've used all these 13 years I've been here has been Symantec Corporate. It's not like the Symantec Norton home version stuff - it is far superior best I can tell, best I know. However, I have read some bad things on these forums about Symantec at times, so I'm not saying they are necessarily the best choice for everyone. Performance-wise, the corporate edition seems to do very well, whereas the home versions (or at least used to be this way) really slowed down PCs at times.[/li]
[/ol]

Also, I'd not depend solely on antivirus application in a server/client setup for security. Just too many risks and possibilities out there. It'd be suggestible to use a proxy server for web browsing, and then have a very good firewall setup before getting to the standard server/client setup.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back