Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BES 3.6 Wireless Calendat Sync Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyweisser

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2004
US
Hi,

I am using BES 3.6 SP2A in a Windows/Exchange 2003 environment. For the life of me I have not been able to get the Wireless calendar sync to work with any of my users.

Here is exactly what I have done so far.
1. Changed the desktop software Intellisync options to point to the BB Wireless calendar.
2. Changed the desktop software Intellsync options back to Outlook and resynchronized all data on the handheld. I then changed the option back to the BB Wireless calendar.
3. Reset the BB handheld.
4. Turned the BB on and off.
5. Registered cdo.dll again and ensured the file version was the most current.
6. Restarted the Blackberry services.
7. Ensured that the BES manager was reporting that Wireless calendar sync was enabled.

When I enter an appointment on the blackberry calendar I see that the unit is trying to send data but the appointments never show up in Outlook.

I receive the following error messages in the Event Viewer following each attempt I make to create an appointment on my handheld.

{michael.douglas@investorab.com} Synchronize() failed: ERR_FAIL, Tag=1558589494

{Fredrik.Kenmo@investorab.com} Synchronize() failed: ERR_FAIL, Tag=1558546883

There do not seem to be any messages that appear when I create an appointment in Outlook itself but the calendar items never get to my blackberry even though e-mail gets through without any issues.

Any help or clues here is much appreciated,
Jeremy

did you update the cdo.dll or just register the existing one?

5. Registered cdo.dll again and ensured the file version was the most current.

1. Copy the CDO.dll from the Exchange server then copy into the BES , C:\winnt\system 32 ,in your case Win2K3 is different , C:\?\system32. make sure you don't install the Outlook on the BES as this will wipeout calender. Goodluck.

Somewhere around the second or third synch after setting Blackberry Wireless Calendar, you should get a pair of messages that talk about deleting all appointments. Did you respond yes? If not, that's your problem. The messages sound scary, but are needed. If that's the problem, switch back to Outlook, resynch, back to wireless, resynch several times. That usually resets it for me.

Steve

make sure your email account isnt hidden on the exchange server

I had this issue and even after copying cdo.dll from the exchange server it would not work. In the end I took the latest cdo.dll from the SP media and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back