Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Berr Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

LubbTech

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2003
US
I was wondering if anyone knew exactly what card this BERR error is mentioning?
Thanks,

% BERR704 EXC 0: Bus Error in ISR

% SR=0x2700, PC=0x10f35c32, Addr=0xb000c140, SSW=0x105

how bad of an error is this ? i've seen it a couple times in the past few weeks, everything is still functioning that I can tell though... any suggested resolutions ? Or can someone explain in more details what it means ? thanks for any ideas !

isr 0 seems to denote a cpu error, if it happens onece a week and you have a good backup cpu, i would change it. if it happens several times a day, schedule a replacement before the switch picks a date and time.. if you usae procomm, do a file capture and save it once a day, then search for bug's err's ets, you'll be able to find almost all problems before they cause the ties to knock on the switch room door... none of this is in the books, just lessons hard learned...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

BUS Errors are only clear to analyse in the "rd log" file,
but you've have to go in pdt and find the exact event before the Buserror happens !

if you're not familiar with the debugger, leave it and ask you service company. They should now how that :)

Cray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back