Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BENT and Oracle agent won't back up one tablespace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a W2KAS server running Oracle 8i and BENT v8.6 with the Agent for Oracle. When I try to back up the live database through the AfO I can select all the tablespaces but one of them (the really important one) always fails. All the rest back up just fine. The only anomaly I have noticed is that all the other tablespace files are named <tablespace>.dbf and this one is <tablespace>.ORA. My DBA assures me that both extensions are perfectly acceptable. I'm wondering if BE/OfA thinks so as well.

-Dave Majors
david.majors(at)wpafb.af.mil

I don't have a solution for you, but I can tell you that BE does see .dbf and .ora.
It is backing both up for me.

Good luck [hourglass]

Hi

You mention OFA. Do you mean Open File Agent??? Do you have any errors during the backup of this file? Also make sure that you are backing up the Databases through the Oracle agent and not OFO (Open file option).

Regards,

how can i configure BE to backup a remote oracle server ??

does the oracle config. tool get installed/configured on the media server or the remote oracle server ???

Protos,

It's rude to &quot;tag&quot; someone else's Post, rather start your own.

The Oracle agent is best loaded on both, but you need only do any configuration of the agent on the DATABASE server.
On the BACKUP server you can then select the DB's through &quot;remote selections&quot; &quot;Oracle Agent&quot;

cheers,
Tyrone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back