Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bent 7.3 alert preventing job to complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgualtieri

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2001
CA
Even though i have selected overwrite existing media, when my backup job runs, it completes 99% but still sends alerts asking me to respond ok and only then ejects the tape. So Basically it takes 1 hour to back-up, and waits 10 hours for me to reply to the alert before job completes. Using dat24 and bent7.3

The software cannot eject the tape and prompts for you to do it. To enable the job to complete, go to the job properties, click on the advanced tab and untick:

Eject media after job completes.

:->

thanks for the quick reply guys but i forgot to mention after i respond to the alert my tapes are being ejected but only after i respond to the alert, so my backup times are not correct. (backup takes aprox. 1hr and starts at 12:00a.m. but completes and ejects tape only after responding ok to alert "remove media") hope this clarifies my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back