Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Benefit Statements - revisited/suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rougex

Technical User
Nov 7, 2006
US
HI~
Enterprise ADP / Reportsmith 3.1 - SQL Based

Viewed some older posts with regards to Benefit Statements. I have been building our unique statement with 'mild' success and was looking for a couple tips.

One thread read to use Ded Calc, I assume with a MAX Check Date selection. What do you do when there are 'two' checks on the max paydate?

Has anyone created this report 'hiding' detail section then formatting the footer to look like a form?

I tried using master/detail but they seemed very inflexible. For example, if someone elected NOT to participate in the FSA it skewed the report layout for that person.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

If you have two checks and only want the max I would have something in the statement about payroll #1, vs payroll #2 (payroll 2 being the latest).

I have used the footer like a form and for the most part it works well. It has worked out very well for me in almost every situation. The only time I was not able to use this was when I needed a fixed area. Basically the footer "form" could have up to 3 previous rows, but when there were less than 3 it pushed everything up, throwing off the rest of the data on the "form". But like I said - every other time this has worked great for me.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back